Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

What causes pain in lower stomach and pelvic area during an intercourse?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 1677 Questions
hello how are you? had a couple of questions about my health. I am only 19 and my fiancé and I have been each others only physical partners for a year now. before he and I met, I had unprotected sex with 3 other people. in august of 2013, I got a call from a health center saying that I had to come in and get treated for clymidia which I had no clue that I had so my fiancé and I went to get treated. the physical symptoms never came back once treated. personally, in our inter course life, we prefer to have very hard sex meaning to purposely cause pain. even when we take it very easy I get pains in my pelvic area and sometimes my lower stomach and I would like to know why. I have been trying to get pregnant for the past year and we are having no luck. Almost every time we have intercourse he ejaculates in me and soon I developed a very fishy smell. I decided to try douching but it burns when I douche, I do use a feminine wash daily and I have him check me every few days for physical changes in color odor textures exact. this past week he examined me and we discovered off colored bumps or warts on the opening of my vagina. I also use to have a discharge very often and didn't know why. it was clear. slimy and sometimes had an odor. if it didn't have an odor, as it dried up in my panty liner it would dry up a sort of off white or light brownish and then give off an odor. there are only two but it seems as if one of them has gotten larger. I cannot afford health insurance and do not have a doctor. I have never had a papsmere or been checked like a woman should. I would like to know how I can treat any of this outside of doctors care if treatable, as far as medications I can purchase or steps or precautions to take into consideration and also things my spouse can do for himself to keep up with his health because he also does not have a doctor. thank you.
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Brief Answer: I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: Okay, based on what you are saying, I am going to simplify what you are saying. But first let me stress how important it is for you to get in to see a doctor. It appears based on your IP address that you live in the USA, and there is not excuse for you not to sign up for a health care plan that is readily available to you. Here are the things you are describing: 1. You have been treated for Chlamydia - given that you have never had an exam, then it is because a former partner was seen, diagnosed, and identified you as a partner that needed to be treated. Treatment is not 100%, so you MUST go in to have cultures of your cervix to make sure you are clear. This is also important to check for another infection called Gonorrhea 2. Your discharge sounds like an infection called BV - this can only be treated with a prescription - another reason to sign up for health insurance. This is a common infection that is often described as an odorous discharge that is worse after unprotected intercourse 3. The pelvic pain and pain with intercourse could be related to pelvic infection, adhesions related to prior pelvic infection, endometriosis, etc. This needs to be evaluated by an OB/GYN with an exam and an ultrasound - another reason to get health insurance 4. You have what sounds like external genital warts - these should be evaluated and treated because sometimes they can lead to pre-cancerous changes of the skin Additional thoughts: 1. The daily douching and feminine washes are DEFINITELY make the problem worse - this is a great way to kill the normal bacteria and set you up for recurrent vaginal infections. Stop doing this and it will help. 2. Stop having your husband "check you". He is not a substitute for a Professional opinion. With regard to the comment that you cannot afford health insurance: if you are low-income, then health plans off of the new exchange are probably available to you at little or no cost. If you absolutely have no where else to turn, then make an appointment at a Planned Parenthood - they are available to evaluate and treat you for everything that I talked about above.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes pain in lower stomach and pelvic area during an intercourse? 1 hour later
Thank you for your responses. Im a little confused. did you say to stop douching and stop using the feminine wash? from my understanding, feminine wash is for your vaginal area Mainly and that it was safe but maybe I was wrong to assume. so just stop both right? what type of soap should I use for that specific area that will be harmless and even help my situation? (like brand or type) I will definitely go to a planned parenthood clinic. I have applied for Medicaid and was denied twice so I am applying for hip (healthy Indiana plan) and pending for acceptance. as far as the clinic is it best to go ahead and have everything done at once or should I take separate trips if needed. and which will be easier on me as far as billing because my finaces are horrible.
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 10 hours later
Brief Answer: You are very welcome... Detailed Answer: The vagina has "normal" bacteria that help to keep things healthy "down there". There are things that you can do to kill the normal bacteria that include: antibiotics and douching. The best thing you can do is to leave the area alone. You are doing nothing be upsetting the normal balance of bacteria, and creating an environment that favors abnormal bacteria (that cause things like the odor you are experiencing). Yes, they advertise feminine wash for the "vaginal area" but they are trying to sell a product to consumers like you - but to be honest, it is harmful and you obviously cannot afford it in the first place! The soaps that you should be use should NOT be anti-bacterial. Look at the labels and make sure that they are not. Do NOT use any products in the vagina. Stay on the outside. Also, things like yogurt and acidophilus capsules (that you can buy at the drugstore) promote the normal bacteria. You should make a very simple list of what you are experiencing and take this list to Planned Parenthood. THEY will decide how to approach the various problems. You are not in a position to decide how best to manage the problem, but you should be honest with them about the financial issues. I hope that this helps and good luck!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor