What causes pain in lower side of right testicle?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Testicle Problems
Question: The pain I have is in the lower right side behind the right testicle/up and under
the testicle . I have prosttus (spl) infection earlier this year.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to Epididymitis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have pain in lower side of Rt Testicle.

This is most likely to be due to infection of Epididymis .

Please get following investigations done to confirm the diagnosis.
1)Routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.
2) Ultrasound scanning of scrotum.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefexine along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Please note that Epididymitis takes long time to get cured hence you may need to take medicines for 3-4 weeks.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will also help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 47 minutes later
Thank you so very much Dr. XXXXXXX I will call my family physician,
Dr XXXXXXX V. Schwartz tomorrow morning and schedule an
immediate Appointment.
Signed: XXXXXXX E. Ward
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please do write if you need my help.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
Please go ahead and get the tests done .Please do not hesitate to ask if have more questions .I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.