What causes pain in lower right side rib?

Dr. Naveen Kumar

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have some pain on the last rib in my right side. At just a particular point on that rib. It pains only if I press on that area. Is there something to be concerned?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
find the answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care magic, I share your concern and I will try to help you out in best possible way.
Since you have pain at the tip of last rib on right side only on touching, that particular sign is called tenderness, which a hallmark of an injury, usually blunt, knowingly or unknowingly(during sleep, sudden violent movement while dreaming). thus ideal treatment for such conditions is hot fomentation atleast four times a day for 3-4 days.
You don't have to be concerned about it as its not associated with breathing or doesn't pain during cough. also if there was a fracture, the symptoms could have been much worse and intolerable even without touching.
If you have lot of pain, take tab etoricoxib 90 mg onc daily during night for 5 days.
I hope this helps you
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

Dr. Naveen XXXXXXX
Medical Consultant.
Ebix, Inc.
YYYY@YYYY
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar