What causes pain in lower left side of stomach and discomfort lower back with normal tests?

Question
Doctor thinks it could be constipation,and gas. I have had a large amount of stress at work for around 10 months,it got to the worst part already and now it is getting better,but my body is acting funny lately. I was having very bad anxiety with panic attacks and a high pulse rate,once these work problems were solved in the past 2 weeks my pulse has gone back to normal,never used any prescriptions to solve it. I think I had a stomach bug going on 2 weeks ago with green normal solid stool for 2 days,then I had diarrhea for 2 days straight and I got better.but then I have had a pain or discomfort in my lower left side of my stomach,from under the rib cage to where my belt is.I still have a pain or discomfort in my lower back when I lay down it feels larger than normal,but looking at it it does not look bigger,and now every time I eat I feel so sick,Dr. ran all blood tests for liver and many other things,also did ekg checked my heart and did thyroid test.just wondering if this feeling will get better soon,I noticed when this started to happen I was eating 4-5 large handfuls of sunflower seeds per day,I am also lactose intolerant and I have been diagnosed with IBS 12 years ago and they did all the normal tests then as well,ct scan,endoscopy and both berium tests.what is your thought?
Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
yes, this feeling will get better soon

Detailed Answer:

Firstly, you have come out of lot of anxiety and panic; I am glad to hear that.

Your current symptoms would definitely vanish very soon. You need to take probiotics like Nutrolin B or Sporlac on a daily basis for 2 weeks. It is also better if you can take zinc along with it.

Have a careful watch on your diet. If you wish to continue to eat 4-5 large handfuls of sunflower seeds per day, - I suggest you take only 1 handful. That should suffice.

Your stress aggravates IBS, please relax and keep calm as much as possible. You know better about your own body, so I do not think you need further investigations.

You just have to keep a calm mind and body. Also, eat healthy diet. Add lot of fibers to your diet in the form of vegetables and fruits. Take a minimum of 6 hours of sleep daily.

You should be fine sooner.

Let me know about your other queries; I would be glad to help.

Follow-up: What causes pain in lower left side of stomach and discomfort lower back with normal tests? 14 hours later
Could that be reason my lower left back is bothering me as well?and what can I take,aleve?gas meds?

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
yes, it could be

Detailed Answer:
Yes, it could be the reason for your lower left back pain as well. You can take both aleve and gas medicines to get relief from your symptoms.

Get well soon.