What causes pain in lower left abdomen and blood in stool?
Thank you doctor
Increase fibre in diet. Visit doctor for rectal exam
I have gone through the details you have provided.The blood could be because of injury to the rectal mucosa because of your self examination.
Hypothyroidism could be one of the reasons for your symptoms. To check for hypothyroidism I would suggest to he a TSH test done.
I suggest you visit you doctor to ascertain the cause of the bleed whether it is due to self examination or due to fissure or internal hemorrhoids.
Increasing fibre by taking note fruits and green leafy vegetables will help. I would also suggest a fibre supplement like isapgulha husk to help with your stools.
hope this helps
do get back in case you have further queries
Dr Samir Patil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause and treatment for blood in stools
- What causes blood in puppy stool
- What causes pain during bowel movement with blood in stool
- What causes dull pain in left lower abdomen
- Lower back pain loose stool fragmented what is the cause
- What causes lower back pain and green stools
- What causes stomach pain and blood in stool
- What causes lower abdominal pain and thin pencil like stools
- What are the possible causes for blood in stool
- What causes abdominal pain with blood in stool