What causes pain in lower back radiating to upper leg?
Need to consult a neurosurgeon.
Dr. Hanif warmly Welcomes you!
Thanks for consulting at my virtual clinic. I have carefully worked through your case, and can realize your health worries. Being your physician, I will take care all of your medical concerns.
Metallic taste in the mouth has many reasons like Poor oral hygiene, taking some drugs (medicines). People with dementia also have taste abnormalities if there is problem in the brain are that is connected to taste buds.
Now coming to your main issue of backache. It may be due to herniation of the disc in the lumbosacral region. It leads to the pinching on the nerve going down in the legs and causes pain.
I suggest you to please consult a Neurosurgeon for complete assessment and treatment. Neurosurgeons are trained for treating such pains very perfectly. He will do complete physical examination and will run a battery of tests and will diagnose the cause to treat it accordingly.
Have a wonderful time ahead. Hope I answered all of your questions. Let me know if you have any further clinical concerns. I will be happy to get back to you shortly. If satisfied here, please give a five star rating and don't forget to close the discussion.
DR. XXXXXXX HANIF
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes lower back pain
- What causes pain in lower back and legs
- What causes upper back pain
- What causes lower back pain which radiates down to legs
- Iud cause leg and back pain
- What causes severe pain at back and legs
- What causes middle back pain and numbness in leg
- Pain in leg and upper back cause
- What causes lower back pain with stomach pain
- What causes severe back pain that radiates to the leg
- What does this thyroid peroxidase antibody test value indicate?
- What causes persistent pain in ribs?
- What causes moderate lower back pain and mild cramps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in both wrists with tingling on fingers
- Is it recommended to have Heller myotomy for recurring achalasia?
- What causes swelling and bumps on the ears?
- What causes pain in both sides above waist line?
- What causes pain while raising arms above head, pulling and pushing...
- Suggest treatment after shattering left shoulder
- What causes soreness and swelling at the back of neck?