• question-icon

What causes pain in leg with no tingling and numbness when having autoimmune hepatitis?

Posted on Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: my daughter is 39yrs old has autoimmune hepatis has had mult hip and knee replacements using spinal ansthia. she is currently having severy pain into R leg unable to walk and has no numbness or tingling. this pain comes and goes no connection for the excacerbation.. MRI shown some bludging to her lower spine but they have dongnosed her with spinal neuropathy as an icu nurse of 30yrs these s/s do not sound like neuropathy can you help??
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Can be due to nerve root irritation. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The severe pain in the right leg with no tingling and numbness could be due to a spinal neuropathy. Since she has some bulging discs in the lower spine, the nerve root compression can cause these symptoms. She can consult a neurologist for proper diagnosis after a detailed examination. Medicines like Gabapentin or pregabalin might help in reducing such nerve related pain. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN