What causes pain in left testicle?
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Even a minor injury can cause severe testicular pain as they are very sensitive. The pain can be due to the epidydmis surrounding the testis or the testis itself. Kidney stones, groin abscess, hernia can also cause testicular pain. Epidydmitis, large varicocele, orchitis, spermatocele and testicular torsion are some other common causes. For now you can take ibuprofen 600 mg for the pain and associated inflammation. Also try to avoid any sexual activity for now. If the pain persists or worsens despite this then an ultrasound of the scrotum can be advised in addition to urinalysis, CBC and ESR.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes heartburn and testicle pain
- What can cause testicle pain
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- What causes dull pain in testicles
- What could cause painful lump on left testicle
- What is the cause for radiating testicle pain
- What is the cause and treatment for pain in testicles
- What causes terrible pain in the testicles
- What causes pain in the right testicle
- What causes swelling and pain in the testicles