What causes pain in left side,near sternum going in left shoulder?
Can you give me some more information?
Hello madam, I have read your case. Though you have given good description of your symptom, I want to know little more detail about your illness.
1. Are you having high blood pressure or Diabetes?
2. Is this pain increases with activity, anxiety?
3. Can you describe the nature of this pain?
4. Have you gotten any tests done? If so please upload the reports.
Please send me answers of these questions. I will try my best to help you.
1. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure about 2 months ago. the doctor put me on 10 mgs of lisinopril daily. I will be honest; I have not taken them religiously; this is the first time I have taken this drug, or any drug, and it is hard for me to get into the groove. I am trying to be diligent to take them. No, no diabetes, yet.
2. Pain does not seem to increase or decrease with activity. I have been under tremendous stress with a terrible family situation that has occurred over the last 9 months. I am not sure if this is coincidence or not, but the pain also has increased/worsened since this all began.
3. The pain is more of a burning and pulling sensation, rather than a sharp shooting/stabbing pain
4. No tests done in about 3 years. At that point all was fine. These symptoms were occurring at that time, but not as pronounced. I sought medical attention for this same reason, and nothing was found. We did ultra sound and x ray and found nothing. As I push around on my body, I can not locate a mass or lump.I checked the test results (which were actually from 2 years ago). Everything was pretty much right in the middle of the 'averages' except cholesterol was at 204, and in the CVC tests, my RDW blood count was 13.5 which was closer to the highest number listed. It also appeared that my vitamin D count was on the low end
It can be heart related pain
I have studied your case in detail and it looks to me that this pain can be a little serious issue and warrant urgent attention. I believe it is heart related pain. I would recommend you to show to your physcian ,get ECG and other related test to confirm the diagnosis.
My diagnosis is based on these points.
1. Pain in left side, near sternum and going in left shoulder
2. You have history of blood pressure, obesity ,high cholesterol and stress ,very hectic lifestyle which increases such pain.
other cause which can fit in is chronic gastritis.
Still I believe that you need to see your doctor as soon as possible and start your medicines regularly.
Low vitamin D is common at your age. I would also suggest you to take calcium and vitamin D daily.
I hope this answer will help you. Let me know if you have any further query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Psychedelic mushrooms causing pain in sternum
- What causes sharp pain in left shoulder and chest
- What causes severe stabbing pain under the sternum
- What causes pain in the sternum and tingling on wrist
- What causes pain in sternum under the clavicle
- Sinus infection causing sternum pain
- What causes mid back pain and the pain around sternum
- What causes the sternum more painful with diarrhea and nausea
- Sternum discomfort painful breathing what is causing this
- Pain below sternum causes