What causes pain in left side of back above waist?
?? Stone in the renal system
Hello sir and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through youe query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Sir, if you do not mind me asking you a few questions, it would greatly help. Thank you.
-How is your fluid intake per day, quantity wise?
-On the day you experience this, was your fluid intake low?
-Is this the first time you experience the same?
-Have you had any recent urinary tract infections?
-Does this pain occur on a day when you are very well hydrated?
In my opinion, although you have mentioned a back injury, your presentation does not seem to be triggered by that. It resembles that of a possible stone in the renal system. For the same, I would recommend you to visit a doctor and request for an ultrasound of the renal system and a urine analysis. This should help rule out/confirm the suspected cause sir.
In the meantime, please consume plenty of water as this will keep the pain at bay and also help in expulsion of any small stones lodged in the renal tract.
I hope you find my response helpful sir. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in back and under left arm
- Left back pain causes
- Left waist pain lower back
- What causes middle back pain
- Hashish cause pain back chest left side
- Cyst on ovary causing left side back pain
- What causes pain travelling from waist to the back
- What causes severe back pain
- What causes left sided and lower back pain
- What causes pain in the left side of back