What causes pain in left shoulder, upper arm and shortness of breath?
Thank you for your help. XXXX XXXXXXX
Cardiac cause needs to be ruled out.
Thanks for posting your query.
Having pain in the left arm and shoulder can be due to cardiac problem like ischemia.
The symptoms of heart attack include squeezing type of chest pain with sweating and nausea/vomiting. The predisposing factors include smoking, stress, obesity, hypertension, diabetes, increased cholesterol, etc.
Still it would be better to get the following investigations done to rule out cardiac related problems.
1. Troponin -T and CPK-MB
2. ECG in all leads with a rhythm strip in lead 2
4. Tread mill test
5. Thallium scan (Myocardial perfusion scintigraphy)
The other possibilities that need to be ruled out with the help of your physician are muscular pain, GERD, Pleuritis, etc.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
You are welcome.
I am happy I could help.
Please do recommend our services to others too in case you found them helpful. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Wishing you the best in whatever you do.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in back and under left arm
- What cause sharp pain underneath the left arm
- What would cause left shoulder and arm pain while walking
- What causes upper left arm pain during bedtime
- What causes constant left arm pain
- What can cause chronic pain in left arm
- What causes upper arm pain
- What causes numbness in left arm with pain in heart
- Upper left arm pain causes
- What is the cause for weird pain in left arm