What causes pain in left lower ribs and left-sided stiffness in neck?
Muscular pain/ Pleuritis.
Thanks for your query
I'm Dr Sudhir Kumar
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You are likely to be having muscular pain chest or Pleuritis. Pleuritis is inflammation of covering of lung due to temporary viral infection. Treatment of both the condition is rest and analgesic such as ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day after meals for nearly 3-5 days . Vitamin B and C help in recovery. If you have fever then you are advised to get x ray chest PA view to see condition of lung and visit physician. You can discuss with your doctor about it.
Hope your query get answered. If you have any clarification then I will be happy to help you.
Wishing you a good health.
May increase due to fullness in Pleuritis.
Yes pain may increase in Pleuritis due to fullness in the abdomen after meals.But you should also consider for gastric acidity as a cause and Omeprazole empty stomach is useful.Abdominal ultrasound may be useful to rule out abdominal cause.
Everything else already discussed.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
Wishing you good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does herniated disc cause pain and stiffness in neck
- Stiff neck muscles causes
- Stiffness in left rib
- What causes pain and stiffness in hip
- What is the cause of stiff and painful wrists
- What causes severe shoulder pain leading to stiffness in neck
- Stiffness in left rib cage
- Stiff neck right then left side
- What causes stiffness and pain on the lower back
- Spongy left shoulder facial pain stiff neck