What causes pain in left jaw area while rubbing left eye?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: When i rub my left eye it sends a pain to my left jaw in the biscuspid area. I had a tooth pulled there a lityle over 3 weeks ago anf dont have any pain in the area except when i touch my left eye. What could it be?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Branches of the same nerves supply the different parts of face

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

The trigeminal nerve and facial nerve supplies different parts of the face including the gums. The area of face near your left eye is likely to be innervated by the same nerve that supplied the little tooth that had been extracted. Hence, the stimulus to one area is leading to effect in the other area. It is not a cause of concern. It will fade eventually as the area heals up.

Dr. Kunal Saha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Ok thank you it just weirded me out didnt think opposite sides effected eachother
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Still could be related

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back.

It could be that the pressure on the eyes in related to pull of some muscle on the same side which leads to the pain on the other side. Hard to comment without clinical examination.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha