What causes pain in left eye after wearing new glasses?
So I've been to the cornea specialist twice. Once to get the glasses. Then to get the glasses & prescription re-checked. I wonder if Medicare would cover another visit by somebody else or how do get glasses that feel good - that don't make my eye hurt from feeling the contraction. due to severe sensitivity to light, the eye glass store did tint the glasses very,very dark; then I gook it back & they made it less dark. Don't know what to do. There is an optometrist at eye glass store that I have not tried yet. Tnx so much for the advice. XXXXXXX
Thanks for sending your query to us.
You have to continue with the dry eye treatment. As far as the glasses go the dictum we use is that the taste of pudding is in eating it.You can use a glass in store for 10 mts and if you are not having any strain then continue using it.Problem with a +3 glass may be a certain amount of magnification which may be there as we are going in for some overcorrection.This in few patients may lead to eye strain.
If 10 mt reading with a 3.00 glass is ok then purchase it.
Please do get back to us in case of any further query in this regard.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain above left eye while bending or coughing
- Sunken eyes caused by wearing glasses
- What causes pain behind eyes
- What causes irritation redness and pain in the eyes
- What causes ear and eye pain after a brain surgery
- What causes irritation in eyes with headache and eye pain
- Pain in forehead between the eyes what could cause it
- What causes painful and swollen eye
- What could cause swelling pain and blood in eyes
- What causes pain in eye browbone