What causes pain in left breast?
Unlikely to be serious or related to breast cancer.
Thanks for writing back.
At your age, you need to get periodic breast examination to avoid undetected breast cancer. There are some simple self examination methods that you can learn simply by Googling out. That should be helpful.
Breast cancers are generally painless, at least in the initial stages. So, since it is painful, chances are that it is not related to breast cancer. Rather, there seems to be some inflammatory cause. Taking anti-inflammatory agents like ibuprofen or naproxen (Aleve) after food for a couple of days, should provide relief. If not, you would have to see a doctor.
Hope that helps.
In case you found my answer helpful, I would request you to close the thread with a positive review and a 5 star rating.
Dr. Kunal Saha
Glad to be of service
I am glad that you found my answer helpful. Get the self examination done and get in touch with a doctor based on what you find.
Wish you all the best.
Dr. Kunal Saha
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in breast
- Left breast pain causes
- What is the cause for burning pain in left breast
- What causes sharp pain around left breast
- What causes burning and pain in breast
- What could be cause of left breast pain
- What causes painful lump in breast
- What causes sharp pain under the left breast
- What causes pain under breast
- What causes pain and fluttering under the left breast