What causes pain in left arm?

Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: i have a pain in my left arm naerly 5 weeks now i am very stress at the moment as my father the pain comes and goes but sometimes like pins and needles and im going on holidays tonight
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Due to compression of nerve root in cervical spin

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.
Due to compression of nerve root in cervical spine there is tingling numbness in your arm and pain associated with it.
I will advise you to MRI cervical spine for better diagnosis.

For these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic like pregabalin and methylcobalamin medication can be started consulting your doctor.
Till time, avoid lifting weights, Sit with support to back. You can consult physiotherapist for help.
Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief.
I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.