What causes pain in left arm right below elbow?
Golfer's elbow may be the cause
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query carefully and based on that it looks to be Golfer's elbow.It is usually caused by overusing the muscles in the forearm that allow you to grip, rotate your arm, and flex your wrist. Repetitive flexing, gripping, or swinging can cause pulls or tiny tears in the tendons.
Despite the name, this condition doesn't just affect golfers. Any repetitive hand, wrist, or forearm motions can lead to golfer's elbow. People may also get it from using tools like screwdrivers and hammers, raking, or painting.
My suggestion for you would be-
1. Apply ice to your elbow for 15-20 minutes three to four times per day. Rest the injured elbow for at least a few weeks. You may benefit from a splint or strap to prevent pulling of the injured tendon.
2. For pain, you may take over the counter available pain killer like ibuprofen, naproxen, or aspirin, to reduce pain and swelling. A topical medication may help as well.
3. After a few weeks, you may start stretching exercises and gradual strength training. Do not return to the activity that caused your golfer's elbow until you are fully healed.
Hope this helps and I shall be glad to answer any further query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cause left arm elbow pain
- What cause sharp pain underneath the left arm
- What causes constant left arm pain
- What can cause chronic pain in left arm
- What causes severe pain in elbows
- Right elbow pain causes
- What is the cause for weird pain in left arm
- What causes dark vein in arm just below elbow
- What is the cause for pain in elbow joint
- What causes pain in arms from elbows to wrists