What causes pain in jaws?
I am off late suffering from pain in the Jaws on the left side. Sometimes it is vere severe and it occurs suddenly and the frequency is very uneven, meaning, it happens anytime and very often recently. It started about a month back but I ignored this thinking it is because of cold. I drink a lot of cold water. Kindly Advice.
please meet a dentist!!
Your complaints are very typical of caries tooth and this is the cause of pain, specially the shooting pain on taking cold food.
Please meet your dentist , he will examine you and guide your further.
Please dont worry as most of the time just a filling the cavity will be sufficient.
However, would like to inform you that there is no issue with the tooth or any cavity or caries tooth as you have mentioned. I take cold water or softdrinks only, no cold food. I had visited a dentist a while ago and he told that there is no issue with the the tooths and the jaws.
please meet a neurologist
Well , thanks for telling that
This changes things now and i would like you to meet a neurologist as you may be suffering from what is called a trigeminal neuralgia , which is characterized by sudden shooting type of pain on one side of the face.
There is also a remote possibility of you having a sinus infection although sinus infections generally have facial pain and headache and jaw pain is very rare.
For the time being avoid cold food and excessive stress , specially physical stress like too much exercise, jogging etc as stress and changes in temperature are known to precipitate the pain in trigeminal neuralgia.
Please meet your neurologist and get back to me for further advice
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in the left jaw
- What causes sharp pain in jaw and neck
- What is the cause and treatment for jaw pain
- What causes pain in jaws and swelling in face
- What causes pain in the left side of my jaw
- What causes pain in both the ears and jaw
- What causes painful jaw and neck pain
- What is the cause of having lower jaw pain
- What causes acute pain in the jaw
- What causes severe pain in lower jaw bone
- Does Betamethasone and Levofloxacin have any interaction with thyroid...
- Does PICC lead to pain in sternum and upper back?
- What causes stomach pain and headache during menstruation?
- Suggest treatment for stuffy feeling in throat when suffering fro,...
- What causes heaviness in head when suffering from ear infection?
- What could be the cause for throat pain while swallowing?
- What causes terrible smell in nostril?
- What causes swelling and numbness of the tongue after taking Augmentin?
- What causes fever and chills after reclast infusion?
- How long does Iodine therapy take to show results?