What causes pain in hip and groin area?

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have had a pain in hip/groin. it's like a heavy feeling when it is agitated. I went to lift a weight a few weeks ago and my entire pelvic region popped. it hurt real bad and went away. Since I have had pain in different areas, from my testicles what felt like torsion, to a heaviness when I moved or did something active. I dont feel it when I am at rest.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound should be done.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Thank you for the query.

Pain in this area is sometimes hard to diagnose. It may be caused by inguinal hernia or inflammation of adductor muscles caused by physical activity (like bike riding).
Hernia usually gives a lump in the groin however sometimes it can be invisible. The pain should get worse when coughing or lifting heavy objects.
Muscles issue usually gives pain while walking. No pain when resting.

I suggest you to have some diagnostic done. Please start with groin ultrasound. You should also consult general surgeon.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
I have no pain when coughing and only seems to be a problem when lifting heavy weight but not at the moment of lifting, only after.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound should be done.

Detailed Answer:
This can be muscles problem. But hernia needs to be ruled out. This is sometimes very hard to find the reason. That is why I am unable to give you exact diagnosis. Please have an ultrasound done.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon