What causes pain in heel when i walk or sit?
Can be due to plantar fasciitis or due to calcaneal spurs.
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query. Your problem can be due to plantar fasciitis or due to calcaneal spurs. A physical examination by orthopedician will be helpful to rule out this. X ray examination might be needed to rule out any calcaneal spurs.
Avoid using high heels. Using shoes with proper arch support and shock absorbency will be helpful for this.
You can also do ice pack application. This you can apply on and off on the area for 15 minutes 3 to 4 times daily. Exercises for achilles tendon (tendon which connects the foot) , calf muscles and plantar fascia is also good.
Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Heel pain causes and remedies
- Bottom heel pain causes
- What causes severe pain in heels
- What causes painful yellow bump on heel of foot
- What causes bilateral painful heel syndrome
- What causes pain under heel
- Heel pain causes
- Posterior heel pain causes
- What causes heel pain when standing or walking
- Severe heel pain causes