question-icon

What causes pain in heel when i walk or sit?

Posted on Thu, 12 May 2016
Question: MY RIGHT HEEL HURTS . SOMETIMES WHEN I WALK OTHERS TIMES IT DOESNT. IT CAN HURT JUST SITTING WITH NO PRESSURE ON IT
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN (51 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Can be due to plantar fasciitis or due to calcaneal spurs.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM

I have gone through your query. Your problem can be due to plantar fasciitis or due to calcaneal spurs. A physical examination by orthopedician will be helpful to rule out this. X ray examination might be needed to rule out any calcaneal spurs.
Avoid using high heels. Using shoes with proper arch support and shock absorbency will be helpful for this.
You can also do ice pack application. This you can apply on and off on the area for 15 minutes 3 to 4 times daily. Exercises for achilles tendon (tendon which connects the foot) , calf muscles and plantar fascia is also good.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Dr. Nishad BN