What causes pain in hands which increases while carrying heavy weights?
Carpel tunnel syndrome.
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern. I am glad to know you like out services.
I hope we will be able to answer your this query too with full satisfaction of yours. There are two possibilities in such case scenario:
1. Carpel tunnel syndrome - which is a compression of median nerve of hand.
2. Tennis elbow- in which there is compression of a nerve beneath your elbow due to repeated movement of hands.
I would advice you in such scenario to get Nerve Conduction velocities testing done. That Will confirm the diagnosis. You would also require to get thyroid profile done.
You should do hot fomentation of the affected area. Once the diagnosis is confirmed you would require local steroid injection for the same.
If you have any further query, please ask me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain while ejculating
- What causes pain in forearm while lifting heavy objects
- What causes left hand pain
- Can lifting heavy weights cause testicular pain
- What is causing pain while weight training in certain positions
- What causes heavy painful chest with painful back
- What causes pain while breathing
- What causes pain while swallowing
- What causes pains in hands
- What causes pain while urination with abnominal pain