What causes pain in hands and feet of a diabetic patient?
Looks like uncontrolled diabetes mellitus
Dear sir, greetings from HCM, I have read your query
The pain in hand and feet indicates diabetic neuropathy. I think he is not having his sugar levels under control. Better give him insulin after consulting with your treating physician.
In addition please check his HbA1c, microalbuminuria and thyroid hormone levels.
You can meet an endocrinologist and ask for prescriptions for these pains like gabapentin, neurobion forte injections . But I think he needs proper evaluation in a good center and need to start insulin soon.
Kindly contact us for more questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Joint pain in hands and feet causes
- What causes pain in the knees and feet
- What causes pain and swelling on feet
- Does diabetes cause cold feet
- What causes hands to turn black in the diabetic patient
- What causes tender feet in when having diabetes
- What causes pain in kneeslegsankels and feet
- What causes inflammation of feet in a diabetic patient
- What is the cause of chronic pain in feet
- What are the possible causes for pain in feet