Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

What causes pain in foot?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 4458 Questions
I had posted earlier about my foot / ankle hurting. I've had this for a few weeks or so. Please see post from earlier today. I wrapped foot loosely with ace bandage out of desperation and now pain is in the knee / shin / calf as well. I get spasms on both sides of right ankle when walking distances, very sore / tender foot ~ especially on outer side, toes are affected and when I curl toes, pain all over foot. Heel has also been sore. Issues vary in relation to how active I am. I first noticed ankle problem while walking fast on treadmill. Pain varies in degrees but, at one point, running outside of foot on bedsheets very painful. Woke me up. I'm a cosmetologist who also works as part time cashier at convince store. What have I done to my foot / ankle ?!
Posted Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It can be planter fasciitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello madam,
I have read your case and past questions also and it looks to me that you are suffering from foot pain since long, along with you are also having hypoglycemic episodes.
Pain which you described looks like planter fasciitis. I would suggest you to get foot x ray to see if you are having bone spike at heel. This is called calcaneum spur.
Your shin and calf pain and spasm can be due to low salt, calcium and vitamin B 12.
So my suggestion for such patients.
1. Wear soft foot wear, you can use steroid injection at heel.
2. Get serum B 12, blood sugar and calcium level in blood, start taking methylcobal, calcium, vitamin D, and salty juices after your doctor's consultation.
I hope these measures will help you. Let Me know if you want to ask any other questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor