What causes pain in foot?

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
I had posted earlier about my foot / ankle hurting. I've had this for a few weeks or so. Please see post from earlier today. I wrapped foot loosely with ace bandage out of desperation and now pain is in the knee / shin / calf as well. I get spasms on both sides of right ankle when walking distances, very sore / tender foot ~ especially on outer side, toes are affected and when I curl toes, pain all over foot. Heel has also been sore. Issues vary in relation to how active I am. I first noticed ankle problem while walking fast on treadmill. Pain varies in degrees but, at one point, running outside of foot on bedsheets very painful. Woke me up. I'm a cosmetologist who also works as part time cashier at convince store. What have I done to my foot / ankle ?!
Posted Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It can be planter fasciitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello madam,
I have read your case and past questions also and it looks to me that you are suffering from foot pain since long, along with you are also having hypoglycemic episodes.
Pain which you described looks like planter fasciitis. I would suggest you to get foot x ray to see if you are having bone spike at heel. This is called calcaneum spur.
Your shin and calf pain and spasm can be due to low salt, calcium and vitamin B 12.
So my suggestion for such patients.
1. Wear soft foot wear, you can use steroid injection at heel.
2. Get serum B 12, blood sugar and calcium level in blood, start taking methylcobal, calcium, vitamin D, and salty juices after your doctor's consultation.
I hope these measures will help you. Let Me know if you want to ask any other questions.
Thanks.