What causes pain in foot around a wound?

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: i had 6 stitches on top of foot from a gash. really no pain for 3 days, with constant walking. this morning the foot hurts when i put pressure on it with just slight swelling. no infection or redness. i had gashed it on a door. is this delayed pain normal?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Its normal

Detailed Answer:

During the healing process new nerve endings will be laid which give the stinging sensation in or around the wound.

The delayed pain if not associated with increased temperature, redness or pus is a sign of healing. There could be mild itching in the surrounding skin too.

There is no need to worry, maintain the wound clean.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Regards,m