What causes pain in feet and leg at morning?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My feet and one leg hurt for the first 20 minutes of the morning. my feet are tender the rest of the day, going on 6 weeks now.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to electrolyte imbalance.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query but need you to answer a few other questions:
* Has any other symptom been present before the last 6 weeks?
* Could you describe the diurnal variation in some more detail?

Judging by the information provided it could be due to electrolyte imbalance. In such a case taking juicy fruits like citrus fruits should help as they contain plenty of potassium which is essential for proper muscle functioning.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 24 minutes later
Nothing else has been olut of sorts. I eat bananas regularly and oranges.

Its for the first twenty minutes in the morning, my feet and left leg hurt quite badly. Then my feet are tender for the rest of the day. For the first month it was just in the morning.

you are not inclined to believe it could be type II diabetes related?
Brief Answer:
A few tests need to be done.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back.

Diabetes indeed is a possible cause. I will insist on getting the following tests done:
* Blood for uric acid, urea, creatinine, fasting blood sugar.

Let me know the reports and I shall guide you accordingly.