What causes pain in face near the ear?
temporo mandibular joint syndrome.
Hi, thanks for your query.
In my opinion, you might be having tmj syndrome,
Where in the jaw joint becomes inflamed and causes pain , more on chewing or bitting, referred to the ear and face.
It occurs usually following a dental treatment, after which the patient has unequal chewing which causes inflammation of the joint .
If I were your treating doctor, I would have prescribed anti inflammatory medicines like paracetamol + diclofenac combination drugs, for 3 to 5 days.
Avoid eating hard foods and opening the mouth wide.
If symptoms persists, then please consult with your doctor and get treated.
Hope my answers have helped you.
Pleased to help you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes ear pain
- What is the cause and treatment for ear pain
- What causes throat and ear pain
- What causes left ear pain
- What causes painful ear lobe
- What causes sudden ear pain
- What is causing the pain behind ear
- What causes severe ear pain
- What is the cause of constant pain in ear
- Ear pain due to glasses discomfort what is the cause