What causes pain in eyes after a retina detachment laser surgery?
Thanks for sending your query to us.
As there is no vision in the effected eye and it is unsightly the final approach has to be to have the eye removed and go for ball implant,thereby increasing the size a bit and put a prosthetic eye.Though final result is dependent upon the basic defect still this procedure gives satisfactory results.
Talk to your doctor about it and talk to the reconstructive surgeon who will be doing it.The approach of general ophthalmologist is different from reconstructive surgeon. It is always better to have detailed discussions before hand to come to a informed decision. In my practice we give a lot of time for such counselling and it looks like a time well spent.
Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Torn retina laser surgery
- Eye hickies after laser surgery
- After cataract laser surgery
- What is laser surgery in goiter
- Eye laser surgery in vizainagaram
- Vasan eye care laser surgery
- Under eye bags laser surgery
- Lpi eye laser surgery
- Cost of the laser surgery for eye sight
- Bullery eyes after laser surgery