question-icon

What causes pain in eye socket while blinking eyes?

Posted on Mon, 18 May 2015
Question: I have pain in my eye socket the past few days. Now it hurts when I blink and is traveling down my cheek. People at work say my face looks swollen on that side. No bug bites that I know of. Have rinsed my eye with Bausch and Lamb solution but it doesn't help. What could it be?
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K (57 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
It seems like inflammation of the glands of eyelid.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care magic

I reviewed your history.
This seems like inflammation of the glands of eyelids.
I would like to treat this condition by the use of antibiotic eye drops like Moxifloxacin eye drops and anti-inflammatory drugs like aceclofenac.
Applying hot compression will provide symptomatic relief.

If possible do send me a photo of the affected eye so that I confirm the diagnosis and advice you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your question and the information is helpful to you.
Do write back to me for further questions.

Thank you
With regards
Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist