What causes pain in clitoris?
Can be cyst or folliculitis.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The pain in the clitoris can be due to a local cause like blocked gland or Bartholin's cyst or folliculitis. This needs a direct local examination.
Meanwhile for relief you can do a hot compress in the area, clean it and apply local antiseptic ointment like Neosporin H.
In case the pain and discharge is persistent then oral antibiotics may be needed to treat this. You can take mild pain killer like acetaminophen after meals to take care of the pain.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Triple antibiotic cream will help.
Thanks for writing again.
Out of these three, triple antibiotic cream will help you. Do apply the cream twice a day after a hot compress.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Try for 2-3 days.
You can try this for 2-3 days and in case the pain persists or worsens then do consult your gynecologist.
You are welcome.
I am happy I could help.
Please do recommend our services to others too in case you found them helpful. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Wishing you the best in whatever you do.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the common causes of a clitoris
- What causes puffy clitoris and pain during intercourse
- What will cause the clitoris to bleed
- What causes itching of the clitoris
- What causes swelling and pain in the clitoris
- Painful clitoris nausea vomiting what is the cause
- What causes sensitive clitoris
- What is the cause of a swollen and painful clitoris
- What causes red painful spots in your clitoris
- What causes pain in my clitoris
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...