What causes pain in chest?
I am 26 year old from XXXXXXX I had severe chest burns,numbness in left hand and breathing problem sometime ago.I took ECG which showed normal and also took Xray of lungs which was also normal.I also visited GERD specialist and took an endoscopy and concluded that it is due to high acid reflux in my stomach.He told me to take certain precautions in my routine which helped to some extent but the feeling was still there every now and then. After a month or so i again had severe pain at the center of the chest.I visited a different doctor this time.He said that my nose bones are uneven and the breathing pattern is not even ,hence i am prone to Gastric problems,pain in the chest and snoring.He also advised me to take CT PNS for further diagnosis.I am confused as such an issue could cause all these problems. Please advise as i am loosing sleep over it and its been 3-4 months i have been facing this issue.
Noted your problems, the major once being Chest burns, numbness in left hand and breathing problem sometime ago. ECG and X-ray chest being normal ruled out the heart and lung problems.
Endoscopy showed reflux, you took ENT opinion too, confusing you all over and it is 3 to 4 months that your are facing the issues and loosing sleep over this.
I would advise you the following:
Please go step by step.
First of all Get a second opinion of another Gastroenterologist , go for Upper GI Endoscopy. Discuss all the problem with him. He may be in a position to tell your further care and prescribe you the proper medicines.
GERD looks to be a basic problem you are facing.
Secondly, I would request you to take an orthopedic Surgeon's opinion for the numbness in left hand. This is very important considering your age of 26 years. You may , I repeat you ''may need'' an MRI of the cervical spine if your Doctor thinks so.
For the sleep problem: please consult another ENT Surgeon who can conduct sleep apnea studies to know the grade you are suffering from. Whether you need any procedure at all.
You would agree with me that the major reason of all these problems lies in the lifestyle, the stress and anxiety of a young man to work hard, more success and to go ahead fast. Some of these points may be associated with you too.
I would advise in a patient with the problems the following:
Go for a proper diet and medicines- you will be fine
*Soft bland diet without oil and spices. Small frequent meals.
Reduce the stress and anxiety levels. Have a sound sleep of minimum 6 to 8 hours. Avoid late nights.
I hope this helps you.
Please feel free if you want to ask further.
Wishing you an early and permanent cure.
Thanks for your appreciation.
Uneven breathing can not really cause chest pains and gastric problems in a direct way. Many of the problems coming together collectively cause such symptoms-complex. All act as a part of the vicious cycle and one has to break this at certain point. And a young person of your age is not expected to have a pathological snoring / breathing problem unless you are obese or so.
There is no harm in doing CT PNS as it may give additional information and a near normal scan will help to alleviate the fear of the present problems related to it. We call this as ruling out a problem. Please get it done as one Doctor has advised it, I hope he is an ENT.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in chest
- What is the cause for intermittent chest pain
- What causes painful chest spasms
- What causes pleurisy chest pain
- What is the cause of chest pain and cough
- What is the cause for tightness and pain in chest
- What causes pain at the middle of chest
- What causes headache with the chest pain
- What is the cause for shooting pain in chest
- What causes back and chest pain
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
- What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?
- Suggest treatment for gastritis
- What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?
- What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?
- What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?
- What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?
- What does this EKG report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis