What causes pain in chest?
I am 65 good health, and I had a mild heart murmer as a child.today, I had a sudden pain in the middle of my chestthat was pretty intense, spreading to each side [left and right] . It passed in about 20 minutes, after which I felt quite fatgued and slept for about two hours.sound like a heart attack?
Require ECG immediately. Go to Hospital Emergency
Thanks for asking.
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I will be answering your query.
Looking at your clinical symptoms and query, my opinion is as follows:
1. Sudden intense pain in the chest with passage, appears to be
a. Angina pectoris
b. mild heart attack (mild myocardial infarction)
c. Severe gastritis.
2. However, difficult to rule out, ECG is necessary for proper evaluation. At this age, it is not good to ignore any warning symptoms.
3. If is was associated with exertion and reduced with rest, it could be angina pectoris. You will require a treadmill test with ECG for further evaluation.
4. If both come good, then it was gastritis, you need to watch your diet and require anti-acidity medications, which can be discussed later with me or with your doctor.
Immediately go to ER or your doctor and get an ECG done.
Any further queries, happy to help again.
Dr. Prakash HM
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in chest
- What is the cause for intermittent chest pain
- What causes painful chest spasms
- What causes pleurisy chest pain
- What is the cause of chest pain and cough
- What is the cause for tightness and pain in chest
- What causes pain at the middle of chest
- What causes headache with the chest pain
- What is the cause for shooting pain in chest
- What causes back and chest pain