What causes pain in chest radiating to back on left side?
Possibility of musculoskeletal pain is more.
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Your pain is associated with movements, so possibility of musculoskeletal pain is more.
But since it is left sided chest pain and you are having asthma, we should definitely rule out heart diseases and lung infection first.
So get your ECG and 2D echo to rule out cardiac causes of chest pain.
Get your chest x ray done to rule lung infection as a cause for your chest pain.
If all these are normal then no need to worry for major heart or lung related diseases.
Simple musculoskeletal pain can cause similar symptoms.
So do following things for better symptomatic relief.
1. Avoid heavy weight lifting and strenuous exercise.
2. Avoid movements causing pain.
3. Avoid bad postures in sleep.
4. Take pain killer and muscle relaxant drugs.
5. Apply warm water pad on affected areas.
You will mostly improve with all these in 1-2 weeks.
But better to first rule out heart and lung related causes.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes back pain radiating to groin area
- What causes intermittent chest pain and back pain
- Left back pain causes
- What causes heavy painful chest with painful back
- Cyst on ovary causing left side back pain
- Hashish cause pain back chest left side
- What causes left sided and lower back pain
- What causes severe back pain that radiates to the leg
- What causes back and chest pain
- What causes pain in the left side of back