• question-icon

What causes pain in chest, back, arms and legs?

Posted on Fri, 27 May 2016 in Pain Management
Question: I have pain in my chest back arms legs what can it be??
Answered by Dr. Matt Wachsman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
quite a lot

Detailed Answer:
if all the pain came on at the same time, heart disease is not a likely possibility. Everyone with heart disease has some pain in other areas here and there. So, if suddenly you had chest and/or left arm pain ON TOP of PREVIOUS pain. It's concerning and a reason to go to the hospital. Leg pain, not really.

Then pain can be sorted out by several features location, type, how it shoots what relieves it. Overall pain is overall conditions like virus infection autoimmune disease overwork. Localization into the joints or the muscle can also be helpful

Simple blood tests for inflammation or underlying infection (UTI, viral, cold sinus FREQUENTLY does this). can be a good place to start
and over the counter aleve is often helpful
Dr. Matt Wachsman

Addiction Medicine Specialist