What causes pain in chest and sternum with normal cardiac work?
Possibility of bronchitis is more in your case.
Thanks for your question on HCM.
I can understand your situation and problem.
Since your cardiac work up is normal, no need to worry for cardiac cause.
By your history and description, in my opinion you are having post viral bronchitis.
It is common after viral cold.
Bronchitis is inflammation of larger airways.
Because of this, there is inflammation, mucus production and narrowing of airways (bronchospasm).
So patient feels chest congestion and breathing difficulty.
You need to consult pulmonologist and get done
1. Clinical examination of respiratory system
2. PFT (Pulmonary Function Test).
PFT will also tell you about severity of the disease.
And treatment of bronchitis is based on severity only.
You may need inhaled bronchodilators and antihistamines drugs.
So consult pulmonologist and discuss all these.
Hope I have solved your query.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Non-cardiac chest pain causes
- What causes severe stabbing pain under the sternum
- What cause experiencing chest movements in sternum area
- What causes pain in the sternum and tingling on wrist
- What causes cardiac arrest
- What causes pain in sternum under the clavicle
- What causes the sternum more painful with diarrhea and nausea
- Sternum discomfort painful breathing what is causing this
- What non cardiac issues cause chest palpulations
- Pain below sternum causes