What causes pain in calf while driving?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have been going to an orthopedic doctor since February and he tells me its my knee, but the pain comes from the calf of my leg. When I drive my calf gets to hurting so back it makes me sick.l I was given a cordozone shot in my knee and nothing happened. I was given that shot that comes in a series of three and nothing happened. I was turned over to physical therepy, but the pain is the same. It is so strange, Am I not understanding what is going. XXXX
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Take juicy fruits. Take calcium supplements. Do calf stretch exercises.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

Since you feel the pain to be coming from the calf, it should indeed be coming from the calf. Many people get such pains. Such pains could be due to a number of causes. It could be due to electrolyte imbalance. In such a case taking juicy fruits like citrus fruits should help since they contain plenty of potassium. Also take calcium supplements. It could also be due to muscle fatigue or certain other causes. In such a case taking hot compress should provide relief. Calf stretch exercises should be helpful. Just google out and you will get the techniques to be followed. Other causes can be impairment of blood supply to the lower limbs which can be confirmed by a lower limb doppler study. Whatever be the cause, going to a orthopedics doctor is less likely to be helpful and cordozone shot in your knee is not going to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T