What causes pain in buttocks and groin radiating to shin?
To rule out Prolapsed Intervertebral disc
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Presence of pain in buttocks, groin and radiation to shin which is aggravated by cough possibility of Nerve root compression needs to be considered. The most cause of nerve root compression is very much likely to be Prolapsed Intervertebral disc (PID).
I would suggest you the following
1. Detailed Neurological examination by your Physician
2. Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) of the spine
Your local physician will know about the test.
Dr T Shobha Deepak
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in hamstring buttockslowerback and groin areas
- What causes back pain radiating to groin area
- What causes pain in groin and back
- What could be causing pain in groin
- What is the cause for stinging pain on left groin
- Severe stabbing pain in groin what is causing this
- What causes gas and groin pain
- What causes groin pain area following masturbating
- What cause of groin pain after two operations
- What causes excruciating pain in groin and erectile dysfunction