What causes pain in both knees and testicles after doing yard work?

Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Testicle Problems
Question: I was doing alot of yard work and then came in the house and was putting things away on the floor. When I got up I had to strain standing up due to arthritis in both knees....Later that day I got discomfort in my left groin and on the left side of one testicle...pain... not severe but uncomfortable that goes slightly into lower abdomen..... Testicle hurts if bumped or at times while walking.....this happened approx 30 hours ago.......60 yrs old have taken ibuprofin 3 times........thank you XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Testicle pull

Detailed Answer:

With the raised pressure inside the abdomen the testicles can be pulled up in to the abdomen thus cause the pain. There is a nerve that goes along with it. As long as you do not feel the swelling and were able to feel the testis in the scrotal sac there is no need to worry.

You can take a very low dose pain relievers available over the counter.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 7 hours later
One other thing. The left testes appears to be a little bigger than the right one. When sitting down and the testes pushes against the seat, that is when it bothers me the most with pain and discomfort.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Testicle support with pad of guaze or cotton

Detailed Answer:

I advise you testicle support inside the innerwear with a pad of guaze or cotton or both for two weeks. With time the matter will settle.