What causes pain in back radiating to thigh?
Possibility of lumbosacral radiculopathy
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
The description of back pain with radiation to thigh and tingling sensation with numbness may be due to lumbosacral radiculopathy.
There may be compression of nerve root exiting from back region.
The investigation required are imaging of spine and blood tests for vitamin D and calcium.
Treatment includes physiotherapy under guidance.
Pain modulator drugs like pregabalin, gabapentin, amitryptiline with methylcobalamin should be continued.
Pain killers with muscle relaxant may be taken if required.
Surgical procedure are available depending upon extent of involvement and Mri findings.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further queries.
Dr N Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes back pain radiating to groin area
- What causes pain in groin and back
- What causes upper back pain
- What causes thigh swelling with abdominal pain and back pain
- What causes middle back pain
- Duphaston causes back thigh leg pain buttocks
- What causes severe back pain
- Low back pain causing mottled skin on thighs
- What causes back and chest pain
- What causes severe back pain that radiates to the leg