What causes pain in back and above waist radiating to legs?
you are having lumbar disc herniation
I have read your case and I believe that you are having lumbar disc herniation. In this condition due to sudden bout of coughing there is disc herniation in back which compresses nerves and it causes tingling and numbness at back of thigh and leg. Nature of pain is sharp shooting.
I would suggest you to show it to orthoapedic surgeon and get your clinical checkup and also MRI. This will confirmed the diagnosis.
Till you get this thing I would recommend you following.
1. Avoid bending forward or lifting heavy weight.
2. Take Pregabalin and Methylcobalamine tablet after discussing with your doctor.
3. Back muscle strengthening exercises.
I hope these measures will help you. Let me know if you want to ask any other question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes back pain radiating to groin area
- What causes pain in lower back and legs
- What causes lower back pain which radiates down to legs
- Iud cause leg and back pain
- What causes severe pain at back and legs
- What causes pain travelling from waist to the back
- What causes severe back pain
- What causes middle back pain and numbness in leg
- Pain in leg and upper back cause
- What causes severe back pain that radiates to the leg