question-icon

What causes pain in ankles, feet, calf and arms after miscarriage?

Posted on Mon, 30 Nov 2015
Question: Hi, I had a missed miscarriage when I was 12 weeks into miscarriage
This is now my fourth week after my miscarriage and am having trouble pain in ankles, feet, calves and arms.
I am exercising everyday for about fifteen minutes. And I play badminton. Could it be because of these? My doctor has also prescribed folic acid tablets for me.
Should I be concerned
Please advise
Answered by Dr. Nidhi Setia (16 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Not due to miscarriage.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to HCM.
I can understand your concerns.

I think pain in your ankles, feet, calves and arms is due to your exercises and badminton.

It is not related to miscarriage. It is more due to muscle overstretching and fatigue.

I would suggest you to start with light exercises (like simple brisk walking). As your body and muscles will get used to it, you can then play badminton or go for heavy exercises.

Hope this helps.
Follow up: Dr. Nidhi Setia (3 minutes later)
Thank you doctor.
Answered by Dr. Nidhi Setia (37 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Happy to help.

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome.
Kindly close the discussion and give your valuable feedback.

Thanks.
Dr. Nidhi Setia

OBGYN