What causes pain in abdomen and rib cage?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I've been carrying 20ft. long steel tubes for work the past few days and it is causing me abdominal pain that I wouldn't describe as mild yet not severe, maybe a 6/10 on a scale. The pain is in 2 places presenting in a horizontal strip fashion which is located about 2 inches below my rib cage and about 2 inches above my waist line also. My question is what may be causing this?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most probably muscular/ any other symptoms do you have?

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Read your history carefully and understood your concerns.
The nature of the work and the way the pain is presented, it looks to be muscular strain. There is no hernia at this site.
Take anti-inflammatory medication with painkiller property like Ibuprofen.
Give rest to the ailing part.
Warm fomentation and Rubrafacient liniment helps reducing pain.

I hope this answers your query, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication; or if you want to give any follow-up such as any associated urinary or intestinal symptoms.