What causes pain from tailbone to foot?
Seems to be sciatica pain.
Thank you for posting your query on HCM.
Well looking into your query I would like to tell you that it seems that the shooting pain is due to nerve compression . Since there is no neurological deficit there is nothing to worry about .
Gabapentin , muscle relaxants etc. you have already tried which for mainstay for therapy . Still you can try tramadol for pain relief . Most of the sciatica settle down on their own in about 6 weeks . If after this also you dont get any relief you can go for the nerve block which involves injecting local anesthetic in the nerve , it brings immediate relief and its a very safe procedure . Any concerns just let me know.
Try to avoid physiotherapy till acute pain settles down.
Thank you for reverting back.
We can not prescribe medicine to you as it is not allowed at this site . You should try to get it as over the counter medicine if you are not able to consult a doctor.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cause of tailbone pain
- Hemorrhoids cause tailbone pain
- Chronic tailbone pain causes
- Tailbone pain caused by narrowing
- Lipoma cause tailbone pain
- What is the cause and solution for tailbone pain
- What causes tailbone pain and shoulder pain
- What causes pain in tailbone after an injury
- What stds cause tailbone pain
- Gas causing tailbone pain