What causes pain from sinus drainage despite being on Augmentin and Flonase?
Stress headache unlikely.
I can certainly understand your concern and have worked through your attached query in detail
Considering his incomplete response to Antibiotics, it's now advisable to screen him for Obstructive Rhinosinusitis through Either of the following
1. X ray paranasal sinuses
2. HRCT scan of paranasal sinuses
HRCT can accurately identify the pathology and guide you thoroughly.
This is unlikely to be a stress related headache.
Consider his pallor, it's advisable to start oral iron supplements after discussing with your physician and to take up baseline complete blood count test.
Further management is largely based on test results
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Suresh Heijebu, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sinus drainage cause bloating
- Causes of chronic sinus drainage
- Sinus drainage causing nausea and dizziness
- Can sinus drainage cause chest pain
- Sinus drainage in throat causing vomiting
- How can sinus drainage cause chest pains
- What causes sinus drainage in the mornings
- Augmentin causes chest pains
- Sinus drainage causing ibs
- Causes of constant sinus drainage
- Does excessive massage result in temporary nerve damage?
- What is the prognosis for CKD with eGFR of 52?
- Suggest treatment for sore lesions on the chin and buttocks, nausea and...
- What do ingestion, diarrhea and brain fog indicate despite following a...
- Can CFS and de Quervain tenosynovitis increase one's CK levels?
- What causes chronic vomiting after several surgeries around the uterus...
- What causes difficulty in sleeping in an elderly person?
- Suggest ways to lose weight in a healthy manner
- Suggest treatment for persistent sinus infection
- Suggest remedies for swelling and purple bruise around the finger nails