What causes pain for few days after cyst removal under local anaesthesia?
Just apply some pressure over the area.
As per your description, I realize you had a sebaceous cyst removed under local anaesthesia. The anaesthesia effect wean off gradually in course of time. And it is common to experience some pain for few days. Further some amount of bloody discharge is common in some from the surgical site. Therefore I am not overly concerned about what is happening now. However if possible, can you upload images of the operated site. You can use the site's uploader.
Please apply some pressure over it. It should stop active bleeding if any. I generally prescribe Antibiotic like Cefuroxime tablet along with Anti inflammatory tablet to my patients after surgery. If you have any such prescription, continue taking it as per instructions.
Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
It is not bleeding now.
As per the picture I don't see active bleeding from the surgical site. Normally, there will be some amount of bleeding from the cut ends. It will stop by pressure dressing. You can get it dressed at your doctor's office or urgent care clinics. It would be better to start antiinflammatory and antibiotic tables in this case.
Hope I answered your query.
If you still have any questions, I will clarify further .
Wish you speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes recurrent cyst under the armpit
- Post anaesthesia pneumonia causes
- Shaking uncontrollably reigers post incomplete enteroscopy under anaesthesia propohol causes
- Breast cyst causing pain
- What causes intense pain after gallbladder removal
- Have painful cyst in labia majora what is causing this
- What causes lower back pain after ovarian cyst removal
- What causes cysts of moll
- Removed cyst causes
- Can anaesthesia cause dizziness