Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

What causes pain during sex?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1852 Questions
Dear Sir/Ma'am, I have got lot of pain during sex due to which I am scared to have a sex . it is the reason for which I can't do proper sex and try to avoid it which results unsatisfied married life. is there any reason for the same and is there any solution for above problem?
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Solution is available for this problem. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress. Important aspects of your query are: • 27 year old female • Complaints of: scared of sex, pain during sex and unsatisfied sexual life. Pain during sex can happen due in following condition: -Infection like: Pelvic inflammatory disease: It is frequently associated with pain, vaginal discharge and fever. -Sexual phobia (vaginismus): More probable diagnosis in newly married females. In vaginismus in which patient has anticipated severe pain, anxiety and phobia in intercourse. In several cases this is the result of a reflex spasm of the muscles around vagina. The reflex causes the muscles in the vagina to tense suddenly, which makes intercourse—painful or impossible. Following steps need to be done for treatment: • Proper sex education: read about physiology of sex and watch sex educational video to decrease anxiety related to sex. • Enjoy foreplay and physical intimacy regularly without sex. • Involve in gradual stepwise penetration: with small to large finger or use of vaginal dilators with increasing size according to your comfort. You can also use local anaesthesia with xylocaine during dilation • Improvement may take time so never hurry and inform this to your husband also. • Explain your problem to husband so that he can become supportive to you. • You can also take professional help from nearby psychiatrist and gynecologist. I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups. Wish you good health. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Child Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor