What causes pain between the lower rib and the top of the pelvic bone?
You need to get an MRI scan of the area done.
Thanks for your query.
It seems you are suffering from degenerative disc disease & it occurs due to repetitive overload or stress to the disc & it increases the risk of disc herniation & spinal canal stenosis.
You need to get an MRI scan of the area done and consult a neurophysician for proper diagnosis and treatment.
The main treatment of such pain is bed rest along with pain killers and muscle relaxants. Muscle relaxants can help with your symptoms if used in appropriate dosage in combination with a potent analgesic.
You can get the appropriate drugs prescribed from your doctor after examination.
Meanwhile you can follow these measures:
- If the pain is severe, you need bed rest till the pain resolves.
- Get some analgesics prescribed and apply analgesic spray or ointments.
- While resting, keep a pillow under your knees if it doesn't bother you.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects.
- Back strengthening exercises and stretching exercises daily as advised by a Physiotherapist.
- Avoid exercises in times of pain.
- Improvise your posture while sitting.
- Using an LS contour belt of appropriate size might be helpful in providing support to back muscles.
Also, maintain a proper posture while working, sitting and standing. Keep your back straight.
Physiotherapy plays a major role in treating such conditions
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
LS contour belt is for Lumber Sacro Support
Scoliosis in the upper back could cause pain in my lower back.
LS contour belt is for Lumber Sacro Support. It helps in immobilizing the sacral and lumbar regions in the most effective manner and offer the best protective support.
You can purchase it from a medical supply company.
Wishing you speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of lower pelvic pain
- Pelvic bone pain causes
- What causes tenderness at the pelvic bone
- What could cause a swollen and painful pelvic bone
- Pelvic bone cancer causes
- What is the cause for pain in pelvic bone
- What could cause pain in thigh connecting through pelvic bone
- Can drinking coke causes pelvic bone pain
- Pelvic bone injury causes
- What causes severe pain in lower jaw bone