question-icon

What causes pain between shoulder blades and left-sided jaw bone?

Posted on Thu, 12 May 2016
Question: Dull pain between shoulder blade. Lasted about two minutes. And a pain also on my jaw bone , left side. Both have went away.
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN (47 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Better to have an ECG (EKG) to rule out cardiac cause.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM

I have gone through your query. Your problem can be due to repetitive stress injury or b12/D vitamin deficiency. But if it is coming and going very often then better to rule out a cardiac cause of pain by doing ECG (EKG) and a TMT if necessary.
If cardiac part is clear then you can treat for repetitive stress injury. That will be hot fomentations , massage, exercise for back muscles and NSAIDs like Ibuprofen. You can also take vitamin B12 and D3 supplements.
Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Nishad BN