What causes pain below right rib?
Costochondritis or gall bladder problem.
Thanks for your query for your daughter.
History says that you had appendicitis.
It also tells that your daughter has pain below her right rib and hurts to sleep on that side and started yesterday night; has no other symptoms of appendicitis.
With the typical history of pain below the right rib and hurting to sleep on that side indicates for the following possibilities:
- Costochondritis, in this condition putting pressure on a certain point on or just below it can increase the pain, is related to the attack or flu or to the stress and anxiety.
- Other causes can be , gallbladder stones, liver inflammation and so on.
Ultrasonography of the abdomen will rule out many of the problems of gall bladder and liver and other related structures.
Please ask her to give herself the test of putting a pressure n that particular point to see if this is costo-chondritis or not and get an appropriate treatment from the local Doctor.
I hope this answer helps your daughter to get a proper diagnosis, and get a proper further treatment. Please feel free to ask for more or if you need further clarifications or if you feel there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sharp pain below ribs on right side
- What causes pain below my right rib cage
- What causes pain in left side right below the ribs
- What causes pain below the ribs
- What causes pain under the right rib cage
- What causes pain below the rib cage
- Causes of pain on right rib cage
- What causes right sided pain around the ribs
- Right posterior rib pain causes
- What causes barping and pain below the ribs and fever