What causes pain below elbow?
Its tennis elbow.
I have read your query.
From your history it seems that your son is having tennis elbow which occurs due to overuse of arm, forearm, and hand muscles that results in elbow pain e.g in tennis players.
Tennis elbow is caused by subtle injury of the muscle and tendon area around the outside of the elbow.
No need to do blood tests or xray if there is no history of trauma to elbow joint.
So I advise you to stop playing game for atleast one month and apply brace to forearm to rest the tendons.
Apply topical anti-inflammatory gel or topical cortisone gel.
If it does not get cured then he may require cortisone injection.
I hope you have got your answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is causing the pain while bending the elbow
- Pain to elbow causes
- Elbow and shoulder pain causes
- What causes elbow pain and how is it treated
- Causes of severe elbow pain
- What causes severe pain in elbows
- Right elbow pain causes
- What is the cause of shoulder pain radiating to elbow
- What causes pain in arms from elbows to wrists
- What is the cause for pain in elbow joint