What causes pain behind the eye on touching the eye brow?

Ophthalmologist
Question
When I touch my eyebrow, there is a sharp pain behind my eye. I only have to barely touch or scratch my eyebrow. Could this be a tumor or something serious?
Posted Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This does not indicate tumor.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to health care magic.

I am Dr. Dadapeer K, an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

It seems from the history that you are having pain behind the eye on touching the eye brow.
This usually indicates a local inflammatory condition. This does not indicate tumor or any serious problem.
Hence no need to worry. You can use analgesic and antiinflammatory drugs for symptomatic relief.

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Thank you

With regards